iPhoneArt Privacy Notice
- Browsing iPhoneArt You can view artwork on iPhoneArt without having an iPhoneArt Account. You also can contact us through the Contact Us section at the bottom of the page or by emailing us directly without having to register for an account.
- Your iPhoneArt Account. For some activities on iPhoneArt, like uploading artwork, posting comments, flagging content, adding favorites, voting, posting to the studio talk message boards, you need a iPhoneArt account. We ask for some personal information when you create an account, including your name, email address and a password, which is used to protect your account from unauthorized access.
- Usage Information. When you use iPhoneArt, we may record information about your usage of the site, such as the artists, groups and favorites you select, which other users you communicate with, the artwork you see, the frequency and size of data transfers, and information you display about yourself as well as information you click on in iPhoneArt (including UI elements, settings). If you are logged in, we may associate that information with your iPhoneArt Account. In order to ensure the quality of our service to you, we may place a tag (also called a "web beacon") in HTML-based customer support emails or other communications with you in order to confirm delivery.
- Content Uploaded to Site. Any personal information or video content that you voluntarily disclose online (e.g., video comments, your profile page, your biography) may be collected and used by others. If you download the IPA Mobile App, your copy includes a unique application number. This number, and information about your installation of the app (version number, language) will be sent to iPhoneArt when the app automatically checks for updates and will be used to update your version of the app.
- If you submit personal information to iPhoneArt, we may use that information to operate, maintain, and improve the features and functionality of iPhoneArt, and to process any flagging activity or other communication you send to us.
- We do not use your email address or other personal information to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent. We may use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major iPhoneArt changes or for customer service purposes).
Information That is Publicly Available
- When you create an iPhoneArt Account, some information about your iPhoneArt Account and your account activity will be provided to other users of iPhoneArt. This may include the date you opened your iPhoneArt account, the date and time you upload artwork, etc.
- Your iPhoneArt Account name, not your email address, is displayed to other users when you engage in certain activities on iPhoneArt, such as when you upload artwork or send messages through iPhoneArt. Other users can contact you by leaving a message or comment on the site.
- Any art that you submit to iPhoneArt may be redistributed through the internet and other media channels, and may be viewed by other iPhoneArt users or the general public.
- You may also choose to add personal information which may include your name, gender, profile picture or other details, that will be visible to other users on your iPhoneArt Account page. If you choose to add certain features to your iPhoneArt Account page, then these features and your activity associated with these features will be displayed to other users and may be aggregated and shared with your friends or other users. Such shared activity may include your favorite artists, comments you made and art that you have uploaded.
- If you have an iPhoneArt account, you may update or correct your personal profile information, biography, email address, and password at any time by visiting your edit profile page while logged in to your iPhoneArt account.
- You may control the information that is available to other users at any time by editing your iPhoneArt Account and the features that are included on your account page.
- You may, of course, decline to submit personal information through iPhoneArt, in which case you can still view artwork and explore iPhoneArt, but iPhoneArt may not be able to provide certain services to you.
For questions concerning the product or your account, please check out the iPhoneArt FAQs page.
For more information about our privacy practices write to us at:
2433 28th Street, Unit L
Santa Monica, CA 90405
Dated: July 11, 2010
Updated: December 29, 2011 (updated jargon regarding the IPA Mobile App)