iPhoneArt Community Guidelines
iPhoneArt is for the Global Community
Remember that this is your community! Your actions are reflected on an international level. Each and every user of iPhoneArt makes the site what it is, so don't be afraid to dig in and get involved!
- Have fun with the site. There's a lot to see here, and lots of folks making amazing stuff—one of them might be you! More and more art apps are being created everyday and are becoming easier to use all the time, so dive in and enjoy.
- Let folks know what you think. Feedback is part of the experience, and when done with respect, can be a great way to make friends, share stories, and make your time on iPhoneArt richer. So leave comments, rate artwork, enter contests of interest—there's a lot going on and a lot of ways to participate.
- You may not like everything you see. Some of the content here may offend you—if you find that it violates our Terms of Service, then click the button that says "Flag" above the artwork to submit it for review by iPhoneArt staff. If it doesn't, then consider just clicking on something else—don't waste time looking at things you don't like.
Copyright is a form of protection provided for original works of authorship, including literary, dramatic, musical, graphic and audiovisual creations. "Copyright" literally means the right to copy, but has come to mean that body of exclusive rights granted by law to copyright owners for protection of their work. Copyright infringement occurs when a copyrighted work is reproduced, distributed, performed, publicly displayed, or made into a derivative work without the permission of the copyright owner.
All the artwork created and exhibited on this site is owned 100% by the people who created it. When you create something original, you own the copyright for it. Likewise, when other people create content, they may have a copyright to it. As a creative community, it’s essential that everyone on iPhoneArt.com respect the copyrights of others. Breaching copyright laws of the United States and other International Copyright Laws is strictly prohibited. Violation of copyright will result in suspended accounts and a lifetime ban from the website. We take copyright extremely serious, and appropriate legal action will be taken against copyright infringement.
We at iPhoneArt respect the rights of artists and creators, and hope you will work with us to keep our community a creative, legal and positive experience for everyone, including artists and creators.
Respect the iPhoneArt Community
Please do not abuse the site. Every cool new community feature on iPhoneArt involves a certain level of trust. We trust you to be responsible, and millions of users respect that trust. Please be one of them.
Don't Cross the Line
Here are some common-sense rules that will help you steer clear of trouble:
- iPhoneArt is not for pornography or sexually explicit content. If this describes your artwork, even if it's a self-portrait, don't post it on iPhoneArt.
- Also, be advised that we work closely with law enforcement and we report child exploitation.
- Don't post images showing bad stuff like animal abuse, drug abuse, under-age drinking and smoking.
- Graphic or gratuitous violence is not allowed. If your artwork shows someone being seriously physically hurt, attacked, or humiliated, don't post it.
- iPhoneArt is not a shock site. Don't post gross-out content like accidents, dead bodies or similar things intended to shock or disgust.
- Respect copyright. Only upload artwork that you made or that you are authorized to post. This means don't upload artwork you didn't make, or use content in your art that someone else owns the copyright to, such as music tracks, copyrighted imagery, or artwork made by other users, without necessary authorizations. For more info on copyright, see the copyright section below.
- We encourage free speech and defend everyone's right to express all points of view, even unpopular ones. However, we don't permit hate speech (speech which attacks or demeans a group based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, and sexual orientation/gender identity).
- Things like predatory behavior, stalking, threats, harassment, intimidation, invading privacy, revealing other people’s personal information, and inciting others to commit violent acts or to violate the Terms of Service are taken very seriously. Anyone caught doing these things will be permanently banned from iPhoneArt.com, and appropriate legal action will be taken.
- Everyone hates spam. Don’t create misleading descriptions, tags, titles or artwork as a promotion for commercial purposes. It is a violation to post large amounts of untargeted, unwanted or repetitive content, including comments and links.
Please take these rules seriously and take them to heart. Don't try to look for loopholes or try to lawyer your way around the guidelines—just understand them and try to respect the spirit in which they were created.
We Enforce These Guidelines
iPhoneArt staff review flagged content 24 hours a day, seven days a week to determine whether they violate our Terms of Service. When they do, we remove them immediately. Sometimes artwork doesn’t violate our Terms of Service, but may not be appropriate for younger audiences. This content may be age-restricted. Serious or repeated violations will lead to account termination, and lifetime ban from our site.
DISCLAIMER: THE INFORMATION WE PRESENT HERE IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE. WE PRESENT THIS INFORMATION FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY.